KW992 SMIDS NAVIGATOR’S DISPLAY
• Bow and stern dual axis speed.
• Stern position, COG and SOG.
• Distance run in the direction of the bow.
• Facility to reset distance and distance at last hour.
• Satellites being tracked, and signal strengths.
KW991 HEADING DISPLAY
Inputs ship’s gyro heading from a stepper or synchro signal. This information is converted to NMEA HEHDT for distribution to the SMID system.
• Tape +/- 15 degrees and +/- 12.5 degrees.
• Large digital numerals.
• Digital numerals with ROT indicator.
• Compass Comparator Alarm.
• Menu Screen.
SMIDS MAIN ELECTRONICS UNIT
This is the central control box and DC power supply for all the displays. The MEU has three processors which;
1. Combines and distributes the data.
2. Operates 200 pulses per mile relays & output NMEA speed and heading by satellite.
3. Calculation of GPVBW bow and stern dual axis speed, includes HEHDT heading, GPGGA stern position, GPVTG COG and SOG, PAMI proprietary data for PC and ECDIS display systems.
KW992 SMIDS HEADS UP and BRIDGE WING DISPLAYS
- Bow and stern dual axis speeds.
- Ships heading from the ships gyro or the SMIDS.
- Bow and stern satellite status.
SMIDS SATELLITE RECEIVERS
GRACIE (GPS Regulator and Control Interface Equipment) mounted in enclosure 260 x 160 x 90 mm. Complete with BNC socket.
The SMIDS satellite receiver and antenna are installed at the bow and the stern. They send “raw data” to the MEU.
Based on the satellite receiver used and the number of satellites received, mean velocity better than +/- 0.02 knots.??All displays are mounted in a diecast box 260 x 160 x 90 mm and come complete with trunnion or flush mountings. The display units are not suitable for permanent mounting outside without special environmental precautions. For open bridge wings temporary deployment is advised. Otherwise, use the Portable Pilotage Aid.
LLOYDS TYPE APPROVED
SMIDS conforms to IMO rules A.824 (19) for ships speed and distance measuring equipment. MSC.74 (74) (annex 1) performance of combined GPS and GLONASS receiver equipment.