KW980 Dual Axis Speed Log
The KW980 Log provides dual axis speed over ground data. This information is invaluable when conducting docking and anchoring manoeuvres.??The KW980 uses a standard 12-channel GPS equipment to produce original outputs, which are then displayed in real-time
- Longitudinal and transverse ground speed.
- Longitudinal and transverse water speed (optional extra).
- Accuracy better than 0.1 knot.
- Reset and total distances.
- Large vacuum fluorescent graphics display.
- 200 pulses per mile (2 relays) ·
- Configurable NMEA 0183 output data.
- Position, cog, sog, heading outputs.
- LOW COST compared to other systems.
The water speed transducers use the correlation principle which is influenced less by turbulence and fouling than electromagnetic logs. For refits AMI, or a shipyard, can produce a housing for the new transducer to match the old transducer, allowing an existing gate valve or tank to be reused. The transducer is supplied with a simple housing for new fittings. Gate valves are made by Lloyds/DNV/etc approved manufacturer.
The ground speed measurement is based on the proven SMIDS “doppler” docking system.
The KW992 master unit processes the raw data and has selectable graphic display screens. Additional KW992 repeaters may be connected. Their displays show
1. All data and system health.
2. Large figures with arrows for water speed. Distance run, ahead.
3. Large figures with arrows for ground speed. Distance run, ahead.
4. Settings screens control operation and data output formats.
Additional displays may be connected using the internal power supply. The NMEA outputs may feed ECDIS, radar, VDR, a conning display or small display instruments available from other manufacturers. Miniature screened cable is used and long runs are no problem at all.
- 3 x NMEA 0183 outputs VBW speed, VLW distance.
- 2 x 200 pulses per mile relays using longitudinal ground or water speed
- Optional outputs HEHDT, HEROT, GPGGA, GPVTG, GPZDA
- 3 x DC and data output for repeater displays.
- MAIN ELECTRONICS UNIT. 400 x 300 x 150 electrical enclosure with door.
- KW992 DISPLAY UNITS. 260 x 160 x 90.Colour near Light Admiralty grey
(or duck egg green)
- POWER. 115/230 volts AC at less than100 VA.
Request for a Quote